Air Sealing Services
Sealing air leaks in your home is a simple, cost-effective way to lower heating and cooling costs, increase comfort, and create a healthier indoor environment. Heat can find its way out of the home through a variety of gaps and cracks. Using methods such as blower door testing, ABS experts can pinpoint the exact sources for air leakage in your home.
Sources of air leakage may include:
- Plumbing and wiring penetrations through floors, walls and ceilings
- Around chimney passes
- Attic-access hatches, doors and drop-down stairs
- Recessed lights and fans
- Windows and exterior doors
- Cracks/gaps in drywall or plaster
- Electrical outlets and switches
- Sump pump holes
- Bath fans
- Rim joists in the basement or crawl space
We will then work to effectively seal those spaces. It’s important to note that air sealing combines with insulation to reduce heat flow. It should be completed before insulation is installed.
Think doors and windows are at the top of your heat’s escape plan? Think again. Walls, ceilings, floors and ducts can account for 90% of heat loss if not properly insulated.